Star Wars: The Rebel Files is a reference book written by Daniel Wallace. The book, similar to Star Wars Legends titles such as The Jedi Path, is an in-universe documents about the procedures, equipment and personnel of the Rebel Alliance. The boxed set was released on November 21, 2017. A book-only edition was later released on July 3, 2018.
This top-secret cache reproduces highly sensitive intelligence that traces the Rebel Alliance from its formation through its tireless fight against the Empire. From its earliest beginnings in covert opposition to Imperial operations, the Alliance could not trust its most sensitive information to risk of digital interception. Instead, it was kept in a secure case, traveling with key senior Rebel personnel. Lost in the chaos surrounding the Battle of Endor, it was rediscovered many years later by the newly formed Resistance.
Richly illustrated and full of strategic detail and history, the files also feature additional annotation by Resistance members such as General Leia Organa, Mon Mothma, Poe Dameron, and Admiral Ackbar, making this a crucial read for fans seeking a deeper understanding of the saga.
According to a StarWars.com blog entry dated October 7, 2017, the deluxe edition of Star Wars: The Rebel Files was scheduled to be released in the United States on November 14 of that year, but no such product was available. Major online book retailers Amazon and Barnes & Noble didn't have a product listing for the deluxe edition. Only Australian online retailers indicated that the deluxe edition would be released in Australia on December 1, 2017. The deluxe edition started to appear on online retailers on November 19.
- In a letter to Moff Stattata, Leia Organa states that she arrived on Lothal at the capital; she actually arrived at Jalath.
- On page 14, Hera Syndulla is referred to as Spectre One, when that callsign was attributed to Kanan Jarrus in Star Wars Rebels.
- On page 15, a photo is shown of the Spectres after the Mission to Malachor. This is inconsistent, as the photo was being used by Ahsoka Tano in a document demonstrating the Spectres to Alliance Intelligence. Ahsoka had no contact with the Spectres during the time portrayed in the photo.
- On page 17, Jun Sato's surname is misspelled as "Soto."
- On page 25, an image of the Thranta-class corvette from the Star Wars Legends video game, Star Wars: The Old Republic, was used in place of a canon Sphyrna-class corvette.
- On page 38, the map of the galaxy mistakenly depicts Alderaan as being in the Colonies instead of the Core Worlds and has the labels for the Expansion Region and the Mid Rim improperly switched.
- On page 146, Sullust is misspelled as "Sollust" at one point.
- On page 153, Basteel, Jaresh, and Sesid are all misspelled as Bastille, Juresh, and Sessid.
- ISBN 9780760355459; November 21, 2017, becker&mayer! boxed set
- ISBN 9781452170145; July 3, 2018, Chronicle Books hardcover
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|