The rulebook for the second edition of Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game was written by Bill Smith and published by West End Games in October 1992. It contains rules and guidelines for gamemasters and players as well as the setting, character templates, tips on how to design adventures and a number of adventure hooks.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…
Pilot an X-wing against the Empire's devastating TIE fighters! Trade blasterfire with vicious bounty hunters! Smuggle contraband cargos through Imperial blockades! Learn the ways of the lightsaber-wielding Jedi Knights, and master the powers of the Force!
This 176 page rulebook features:
- Sophisticated yet simple rules covering all aspects of the Star Wars universe! Completely revised, with a conversion system for first edition materials.
- Extensive information on the Star Wars universe, with guidelines on designing your own adventures set during the time of the movies or after the Battle of Endor!
- Includes a beginning adventure.
- Detailed skill descriptions with many new skills and special abilities for aliens!
- New movement, chase and combat rules covering everything from landspeeders to Imperial Star Destroyers!
- 16 full-color pages, with never before published material.
- Chapter One: Beginning Characters
- 1.1: Advanced Characters
- 1.2: Star Wars Skill List
- Chapter Two: Gamemastering
- 2.1: Scenes and Rounds
- 2.2: Designing Adventures
- 2.3: Running Adventures
- 2.4: Adventure Hooks
- Chapter Three: Basic Mechanics
- 3.1: Combat and Injuries
- 3.2: Combined Actions
- 3.3: Scales
- Chapter Four: Attributes and Skills
- Chapter Five: Movement
- 5.1: Vehicles
- Chapter Six: Space Travel
- 6.1: Starships
- Chapter Seven: The Star Wars Universe
- Chapter Eight: Equipment
- 8.1: Weapons
- 8.2: Droids
- Appendix One: Roleplaying Basics
- Appendix Two: Second Edition Conversion
- Charts and Tables
- Character Templates
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|