Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide is a reference book released by Dorling Kindersley on September 19, 2005 and written by Ryder Windham. It is marketed as the "ultimate guide" for any Star Wars fan, whether new or fanatic. Every facet of the Star Wars universe is covered in this book: films, Expanded Universe, behind-the-scenes, collecting, and Star Wars fandom.
The first fully illustrated guide to all six Star Wars movies!
Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide is the definitive companion to George Lucas's space fantasy, revealing the full story of the epic battle between good and evil a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Packed with more than 1,000 images, including movie stills and comic-book art, this is the must-have book for all Star Wars fans!
- The history of the Star Wars galaxy
- Key characters, technology, droids, aliens, and locations
- Behind-the-scenes information on the making of the movies
- Collectibles and merchandise
- Full-color illustrations from the Star Wars Expanded Universe
- Comics, novels, and video games
With a foreword by Ian McDiarmid
- A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY…
- THE OLD REPUBLIC
- THE CLONE WARS
- THE DARK TIMES
- THE CIVIL WAR
- A NEW ERA
- BEHIND THE SCENES
- George Lucas
- The Star Wars Saga
- Designing the galaxy
- Visual Effects
- Movie Posters
- EXPANDING THE UNIVERSE
- Continuing the Saga
- Star Wars Publishing
- Video Games
- Star Wars Timeline
- The locations of the planets from Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Clone Wars were finalized in the book.
- The book references the short stories Slippery Slope and First Impressions from Star Wars Tales Volume 4 and A Jedi's Weapon from Star Wars Tales Volume 3 thus making them canon.
- In the "Ascension of the Dark Lords" section on page 27, there are multiple inconsistencies with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords:
- It displays a portrait of Master Atris but says it is Brianna.
- It says that Darth Sion is the apprentice to Darth Nihilus, while in the game, both Sion and Nihilus were apprentices of Darth Traya.
- It says that Visas Marr is a Jedi. She was, for a time, a Sith apprentice, though she was redeemed by the Jedi Exile afterward. She is the apprentice to Nihilus, not Sion. The same mistake is done in the Star Wars Miniatures set Champions of the Force, when her name appears to be plainly a Jedi Sentinel.
- It tries to explain that the picture of Mira fighting a Sith assassin is occurring at the Sith academy on Korriban, even though the picture is clearly of Mira fighting a Sith Assassin on Nar Shaddaa (although Sith Assassins never appear on Nar Shaddaa in-game).
- The Jedi Council member Adi Gallia is described as being human when she is, in fact a Tholothian.
- The Emperor's Royal Guard are discribed as "Red Guards."