Star Wars 47: Droid World is the forty-seventh issue in the Marvel Star Wars series of comics.
The Rebel Alliance have captured a damaged new model of an Imperial warbot on Xeron and decide to ask the assistance of the droid populated space station known as Kligson's Moon in repairing the droid so the Alliance technicians can study it. Kligson agrees to repair the droid, but R2-D2 and C-3PO must accompany the warbot to observe the operation since Kligson intends to keep the droid after it's repaired. However, another droid on Kligson's moon has other ideas as the former Imperial droid Z-X3 plans to use parts of the warbot to repair his own war droid and lead a revolt against Kligson. But Kligson had anticipated this and sent a decoy to lure Z-X3 and his followers out into the open when he would launch his own warbot against them. With the battle over, R2-D2 and C-3PO record the schematics of the warbot and return to the Rebels, while Kligson moves his station from its current orbit to a more secret location where the Empire cannot find it.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Behind the scenesEdit
- This issue was later adapted into a book-and-record titled Droid World, released by Buena Vista Records.
- In the letters page of this issue, there is speculation from readers on who "the other" is that Yoda mentions in The Empire Strikes Back. Some reasoned that it would be Leia while others suggested that it might be the offspring of Luke and Leia.
- A typo on page 15 spells "Tagge" as "Taage".
- Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 3: Resurrection of Evil
- Omnibus: A Long Time Ago... Volume 2
Notes and referencesEdit