|Star Wars Annual 1: The Long Hunt|
Star Wars Annual 1: The Long Hunt/A Duel Of Eagles is the first Annual issue in the Marvel Star Wars series of comics.
While Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia are on the planet Tirahnn they are attacked by a group of Catuman warriors under the orders of Kharys, the Majestrix of Skye. Han Solo recognizes the description of Kharys from his old smuggling days and decides to confront her on her home planet of Skye, but the Millennium Falcon is shot down over the planet by Imperials. Luke and Leia are captured and brought to trial before the Supreme Council of the Highland Clans, and there Leia is recognized as an enemy of the Empire but Luke is recognized as the son of their wingless brother and so the council decides to help the two Rebels. Meanwhile Han and Chewbacca have been captured by Kharys and questioned about what they know about Luke Skywalker. Luke and Leia along with their S'kytri allies attack the Majestrix's fortress and rescue Solo and his first mate. Kharys is killed in a lightsaber duel with Luke freeing Skye from Imperial rule.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Behind the scenes
- This annual issue was published the same month as Star Wars 32: The Jawa Express.
- This story was separated into two parts. Part 2 was titled "A Duel of Eagles!"
- In this issue Aragh says that, during the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan Kenobi and two of his students saved Skye from destruction. He said one student was Darth Vader and the other he identified by saying Luke wore his lightsaber, implying it was Luke's father. As The Empire Strikes Back established that Vader was Luke's father, this implication turned out to be impossible. The discrepancy was first explained in Star Wars Gamer 1 and later expanded upon in 2007 in the article "Aliens in the Empire."
- This issue includes a special cover gallery of some of the covers of the British version of the Star Wars comics.
- During her duel with Luke, Kharys uses an ability that is similar to the stun/stasis force power that was introduced in the Knights of the Old Republic videogame.
- Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 2: Dark Encounters
- Omnibus: A Long Time Ago... Volume 2