- "More details to come, but the next volume for fall 2013 is tentatively titled Star Wars Art: Concepts and will collect the best concept art from both trilogies, videogames, plus a few surprises."
- ―Abrams Books editor Eric Klopfer
Star Wars Art: Concept is the fourth volume of the ongoing Star Wars Art series of art books. The limited edition comes with 5 hand-signed giclée prints by Doug Chiang, Ryan Church, Joe Johnston, Iain McCaig and Erik Tiemens, and 50 additional pages of concept art. Both editions were released on October 15, 2013.
From Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnston to Doug Chiang, Ryan Church, Iain McCaig, Erik Tiemens, and the next generation of animation and video-game artists, Star Wars Art: Concept collects, for the first time ever, the very best Star Wars conceptual artwork. As curated by George Lucas, the artwork that helped bring the Star Wars Saga to life is revealed in all its glory, featuring pre-production drawings and paintings from the Original Trilogy, the Prequel Trilogy, the TV shows, and the video games, including an exclusive preview of artwork from the highly anticipated 1313. Spanning the years from 1975 to the present, Star Wars Art: Concept is a fascinating look at the process of conceptual design. From pen and paint and paper to the digital realm, the result is the creation of breathtaking iconic worlds, vehicles, and characters that successive generations have embraced and made their own.
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 136
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 145
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 153
- "For the Star Wars Fan Who Has Everything"—Star Wars Insider 154
- "Join Us!"—Star Wars Insider 160
- Star Wars Art: Concept at Abrams Books
- Star Wars Art: Concept (Limited Edition) at Abrams Books
- An Exclusive Look at Rare and Never-Before-Seen Star Wars Concept Art. io9.