- "We've gathered original artworks across the spectrum of licensing, representing the best work from Star Wars products of all shapes and sizes."
- ―Abrams Books editor Eric Klopfer
Star Wars Art: Illustration is the third book in the Star Wars Art series. The limited edition comes with five hand-signed giclée prints by Brian Rood, Tsuneo Sanda, Jerry Vanderstelt, Christian Waggoner and Paul Youll, as well as additional pages with more illustrations and sketches. Both editions were released on October 1, 2012.
The instant and massive success of Star Wars took Lucasfilm by surprise, but in 1978, an industry unto itself was born, consisting of books, trading cards, magazines, video games, and merchandise. The art created for these projects continues to expand the limits and celebrate the iconography of the Star Wars galaxy.
Now the third book in the Star Wars Art series, Illustration, collects the best of these artworks, as curated by George Lucas. Featuring previously unpublished, rarely seen, and fan-favorite art from Mark Chiarello, Dave Dorman, Hugh Fleming, Tim and Greg Hildebrandt, Ralph McQuarrie, Jon J. Muth, Tsuneo Sanda, Drew Struzan, Jerry Vanderstelt, Christian Waggoner, and many others, Star Wars Art: Illustration explores the wide range of styles that illustrators have brought to bear on a galaxy far, far away...
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 136
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 153
- "For the Star Wars Fan Who Has Everything"—Star Wars Insider 154
- Star Wars Art: Illustration at Abrams Books
- Star Wars Art: Illustration (Limited Edition) at Abrams Books