- "We invited Roger Kastel to contribute the book's introduction, but little did we know that he had two unique pieces of art. An early painted concept treatment for his Empire Strikes Back theatrical one-sheet, and a final painted version of that poster based on his original concept sketch."
- ―Abrams Books editor Eric Klopfer
- ISBN 1419714007; Abrams Books, October 14, 2014, 180-page hardcover
- ISBN 1419714015; Abrams Books, October 14, 2014, 244-page limited hardcover deluxe
Few pieces of artwork distill the passion for Star Wars as do posters. From Tom Jung's iconic one-sheet for Episode IV to Roger Kastel's Gone with the Wind–inspired painting for Episode V and beyond, Star Wars has enjoyed nearly four decades of poster art from some of the most renowned artists working in movies. The fifth book in the George Lucas–curated Star Wars Art series, Posters collects the best artwork from all six Star Wars films, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series, and limited-edition prints. This collection unites all of the action, artistry, and drama of a galaxy far, far away into one lavishly produced tome.
Notes and referencesEdit
- Star Wars Art: Posters at Abrams Books
- Star Wars Art: Posters (Limited Edition) at Abrams Books
- 9 Rare 'Star Wars' Posters That Every Fan Will Love. Huffington Post (2014-10-11).