May 4 is the 124th day of the year (125th in leap years). There are 241 days remaining.
The phrase dates back to at least 1979, on the day Margaret Thatcher was elected Britain's first woman prime minister. Her party took out a newspaper ad in the London Evening News that said "May the Fourth be with you, Maggie. Congratulations."
Typical festivities consist of Star Wars-loving friends getting together, and viewing the movies or series. Lightsaber fights and Star Wars gaming may occur in concurrence or as an alternative to TV viewing. Wookiee cookies optional.
Coincidentally, the date also marks the turning point for the Pacific Theater in World War II in 1942, similar to the Battle of Yavin, which also played a role in George Lucas' creation of the Star Wars franchise, as well as the liberation of Denmark and the Netherlands from Nazi Germany in 1945, similar to Return of the Jedi.
- 1939 – Paul Gleason is born.
- 1942 – The turning point for the Pacific Theater.
- 1945 – Denmark and the Netherlands are liberated from Nazi occupation.
- 1985 – Return of the Jedi Weekly 98 published.
- 1998 – I, Jedi published.
- 2011 – All features of the Blu-ray DVD set of the complete saga revealed.
- 2014 – The first full-length trailer for Star Wars Rebels is released.
Notes and referencesEdit