|Star Wars: Episode IX|
| Chronological information
Star Wars: Episode IX is the upcoming third and final film of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, to be produced under the Disney-Lucasfilm brand. The film is slated to be directed by Colin Trevorrow and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams, based on a story treatment by Star Wars: Episode VIII director Rian Johnson. It is scheduled for release in 2019.
Unofficial reports claimed in November 2012 that Lawrence Kasdan—who originally wrote the screenplays for both Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi—and Simon Kinberg would divide writing responsibilities for Star Wars: Episodes VIII and IX, and both would co-produce all three films of the upcoming sequel trilogy, alongside Kathleen Kennedy. However, in February 2013, Disney confirmed that Kasdan and Kinberg were working on standalone films, not main episodes.
During a concert with the Young Musician's Foundation Debut Orchestra on February 9, composer John Williams stated that he was hoping to get the chance to write the musical scores for the entire new trilogy. It was implied in Star Wars Insider 144 that he would score the entire "new Star Wars trilogy," but Lucasfilm clarified that he has only been confirmed for Episode VII.
On August 7, 2014, it was reported that actress Daisy Ridley, who will play a lead role in Episode VII, may reprise her role in both Episodes VIII and IX. However, these reports have not been confirmed by Lucasfilm.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 DISNEY TO ACQUIRE LUCASFILM LTD.. The Walt Disney Company. thewaltdisneycompany.com (2012-10-30). Retrieved on October 31, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chitwood, Adam (February 5, 2015). Exclusive: J.J. Abrams Talks STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS and That New Lightsaber. collider.com. Retrieved on February 6, 2015.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Keegan, Rebecca (2014-06-20). Rian Johnson boarding 'Star Wars' franchise as writer and director. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved on June 23, 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Disney brings the Force to CinemaCon. Variety (April 17, 2013).
- ↑ Kit, Borys (2012-11-20, 4:41pm PST). 'Star Wars': Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg to Write, Produce - Hollywood Reporter. The Hollywood Reporter. hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved on November 21, 2012.
- ↑ Disney Confirms Standalone Star Wars Films; May Be Released Between New Core Episodes
- ↑ Williams Says He ‘Hopes’ to Work on New Star Wars Trilogy. JWFan (February 11, 2013). Retrieved on February 21, 2013.
- ↑ Star Wars Insider 144
- ↑ . “Clarification: John Williams is confirmed for Episode VII only at this point.”
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 UTA Signs ‘Star Wars’ Lead Daisy Ridley. cinemablend.com (August 7 2014). Retrieved on August 11, 2014.