Star Wars Insider 65 is the sixty-fifth issue of Star Wars Insider magazine. It was released to newsstands on January 21, 2003. The subscriber-exclusive edition of issue 65 included the second volume of Bantha Tracks, the Star Wars Fan Club newsletter. This issue also came packaged with a fold-out map of the Star Wars galaxy.
- It's the calm before the storm, but Rick McCallum gives us a few hints about starting production on Episode III.
- For centuries, the abandoned Dacho factory in one of Coruscant's Dead Sectors has been the final resting place of millions of unfortunate workers. More recently, the Sith Lords have moved in and made themselves right at home.
- "Meet the Makers" by Justin Lambros
- Peer behind the digital curtain and see how a video game goes from concept to cashier.
- For twenty years, Star Wars fans have relived the excitement of the movies through video games. Take a walk down memory lane, and look ahead to the future of Star Wars gaming.
- LucasArts Entertainment Company and Sony Online Entertainment introduce twenty characters you can meet, greet and (probably not) defeat in its massively multiplayer online roleplaying game.
- Joram Kithe is a Republic accountant who's dodged responsibility his entire life. Somehow, he's ended up stranded on the battlefield in charge of a clone trooper platoon.
- "Making the Map" by Daniel Wallace
- If you enjoyed poring over the map included in this issue of Star Wars Insider, you'll find its evolution from simple ink drawing to lavish illustration equally compelling.
- "Jedi Knights & Vampire Slayers" by Dave Gross
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer is full of pop-culture references, especially those of the writers' favorite space fantasy.
- Star Wars Insider sent Kevin Rubio to the Galactic Core to interview some of the galaxy's movers and shakers. Always thinking with his stomach, Kevin made lunch his first priority.
Notes and referencesEdit