- "Our colleagues at Lucasfilm have created a compelling narrative for an untold moment in the Star Wars galaxy, and we are excited to partner with them again on this new original series. Star Wars Resistance will bring viewers across generations an engaging story with heart, humor and both new and familiar characters."
- ―Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD
Star Wars Resistance is an upcoming anime-inspired animated television series set to premiere Fall 2018, with regular airing on Disney XD. The series was created by Dave Filoni and executive produced by Athena Yvette Portillo, Justin Ridge, and Brandon Auman. It stars Christopher Sean, Suzie McGrath, Scott Lawrence, Myrna Velasco, Josh Brener, Donald Faison, Bobby Moynihan, Jim Rash, and Rachel Butera, with appearances from Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron and Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma.
The series is set a few years before the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. It centers on the character of Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot in General Leia Organa's Resistance who is tasked with spying on the growing threat of the First Order.
- "The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots. My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that's been a big influence on me. There's a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we've captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time."
- ―Dave Filoni on the inspiration for Star Wars Resistance
The series is created by Dave Filoni, head of Lucasfilm Animation who led the creative team on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels; When the third season of Star Wars Rebels debuted, it was announced that Filoni had stepped down as Supervising Director, in favor of helping to develop "future animation development." Pablo Hidalgo revealed that Filoni and crew were working on the new series as of September 2017. In February 2018, it was reported that Lucasfilm filed a trademark for the name Star Wars Resistance. (Rumors of such a series had stetched back to 2014.) The series was officially announced on April 26, 2018 for a debut in the fall of that year.
The inspiration for the series came from Filoni's interest in World War II aircrafts and fighter pilots, with his grandfather's time as a pilot during the war being a particular influence on him. In the announcement of the series, Filoni noted that this anime-inspired series would capture the sense of excitement around high-speed racing, which Star Wars has depicted in many stories over the years.
The series is set between the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, in a time when the Resistance is still learning about the growing threat of the First Order. Though it features a largely new cast of characters, Star Wars Resistance will include appearances from Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron and Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma, reprising their roles from the sequel trilogy films. The character of the BB-series astromech droid BB-8 will also feature heavily in the series.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 1.49 1.50 1.51 1.52 1.53 1.54 1.55 1.56 1.57 1.58 1.59 1.60 1.61
- ↑ Young, Bryan (2016-09-23). 'Star Wars Rebels:' Filoni No Longer Supervising Director. Big Shiny Robot. Archived from the original on July 3, 2017. Retrieved on October 24, 2016.
- ↑ Harrington, Neil (2017-09-25). Details surface on a new Star Wars animated series. dorksideoftheforce.com. Archived from the original on April 26, 2018. Retrieved on September 26, 2017.
- ↑ New Lucasfilm Filings for "Star Wars Resistance". Yakface (2018-02-21). Archived from the original on February 23, 2018. Retrieved on April 26, 2018.
- ↑ Cavanaugh, Patrick (February 21, 2018). Does a Lucasfilm Trademark Hint at the New Star Wars Animated Series?. comicbook.com. Archived from the original on March 7, 2018. Retrieved on April 26, 2018.
- ↑ Lussier, Germain (November 25th, 2014). Rumor: 'Star Wars Rebels' Follow-Up Animated Series to Be Set During Current Star Wars Cinematic Era. Slashfilm. Retrieved on November 17, 2016.
- ↑ Cavanaugh, Patrick (2018-06-11). 'Community' Star Shares Details About His 'Star Wars Resistance' Character. comicbook.com. Retrieved on June 13, 2018.