A star system, also known as a planetary system, solar system, or simply a system, was a group of celestial bodies, usually planets, orbiting a star. Most stars in the galaxy had their own planetary system. Chains of important star systems formed runs, which were vital navigational routes for trade and transit, and may have crossed multiple sectors.
During the crisis that led to the Clone Wars, several hundred systems that belonged to the Galactic Republic seceded and formed the Confederacy of Independent Systems under the leadership of a defrocked Jedi Master, Count Dooku of Serenno.
Technically, star systems appear in almost every Star Wars work. This list only includes explicit mentions of star systems in text or dialogue.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Dawn of Rebellion
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- Planetary system on Wikipedia