- "I have the death sentence on twelve systems."
- ―Cornelius Evazan
The galactic standard approach to naming star systems was to base the name off the central star or planet.
There are seven billion one hundred million stars in the known galaxy, with approximately three billion two hundred million habitable star systems. Only about a billion of these systems have life. Only sixty-nine million of those systems meet population requirements for Imperial representation. All star systems are given coordinates that are used by navicomputers to permit space travel.
- Knight Errant
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Choices of One
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Planetary system on Wikipedia
Notes and references