During the conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, the First Order moved the Starkiller Base planet to a system in the Unknown Regions in order to use its star as a power source. The planet's superweapon directed the star's power into a thermal oscillator as a way of collecting the dark energy it needed to function, dimming the star's light until it was snuffed out completely. However, the destruction of Starkiller Base allowed the star's energy to expand, forming a new star in the planet's place.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Join the Resistance: Attack on Starkiller Base
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (First identified as Starkiller Base system)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- The Force Awakens, Part V
- The Force Awakens, Part VI
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Perilous Pursuit"
- Captain Phasma, Part I
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Poe Dameron 27: The Awakening, Part II (Appears in flashback(s))
- Poe Dameron 28: The Awakening, Part III (Appears in flashback(s))
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Attack of the Conscience"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (Picture only)