- "I can't believe you're not taking my deeply personal battle experiences seriously. It all happened just as I told you."
Starter was a Human male who served as a starfighter pilot with the New Republic Defense Fleet. He was also loosely affiliated with the Black Curs smuggler gang, and flew a T-65B X-wing that had been modified and customized.
- "It seems obvious that your story has completely divorced itself from any semblance of reality."
- ―Tru'eb Cholakk
Starter was the son of an Imperial admiral and a former attendee of the Corulag Academy. He was eventually expelled from the academy for being undisciplined and generally obnoxious and decided to join the Rebel Alliance instead as a starfighter pilot. He proved to be a skilled X-wing pilot, and a loyal ally who was always willing to lend a hand in a space battle.
While a skilled pilot, Starter was primarily known for his outrageous tall tales about his own heroic deeds and his general past. Among other things, he claimed to have grown up on Tatooine, was a friend of Luke Skywalker and Biggs Darklighter, and that he learned about starship piloting from Han Solo. Another claim of his was that he made the Kessel Run in less than seven parsecs, thus beating Solo's record with no less than five parsecs. He also claimed to have killed Bossk, IG-88, Boddu Bocck, Beylyssa, Dengar, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and Zardra single-handedly, as well as having stolen Tydirium and humiliated Darth Vader in the process by locking him in his own meditation chamber.
- "Chessa's Doom"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (First appearance)
- "Big Quince"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- "Explosive Developments"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- "Starter's Tale"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- "Vengeance Strike"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5