Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "They're the stealthiest vehicles in the galaxy."
- ―Jaina Solo, and Kyp Durron
- "A STEALTHX EMITTING COMM WAVES IS NO LONGER A STEALTHX. IT IS JUST A POORLY ARMED, LIGHTLY ARMORED X-WING SAYING COME GET ME."
The StealthX was smaller than the XJ-series X-wing. It featured equipment that hid the craft both visually and from sensors, though the craft's position was given away if proton torpedoes were used or if the pilot broadcasted over the comlink. The StealthX was used exclusively by Jedi, as the restrictions on comm usage made it nearly impossible for anyone other than a Jedi to coordinate with other forces. The only known use of StealthXs by non-Jedi occurred in 44 ABY, when Wedge Antilles and Tycho Celchu flew a pair on a mission to retrieve Wraith Squadron from Vandor-3. However, they deliberately made no use of the fighter's stealth features.
A modification of the already formidable T-65XJ3 X-wing starfighter, the StealthX had a star-flecked body of irregular, matte-black fiberplast that rendered it almost invisible against a background of stars. The third torpedo launcher had been replaced by a gravitic modulator designed to defeat mass-detectors, and its shields had been downgraded to make room for a suite of sensor negators. Even its fusial engines had been retooled to burn a special tibanna isotope, designated TibannaX, whose efflux turned dark a millisecond after fusion. The viewports utilized blast-tinting technology.
The standard proton torpedoes were often replaced with the custom-made Jedi shadow bombs, if they were available. The StealthX could also carry glop bombs, which released a quick-hardening foam upon detonation, and two-stage armor-piercing bunker-buster bombs. The advanced R9-series astromech droids were assigned to assist the pilots with the special requirements of this unique craft.
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (First appearance)
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest
- Legacy of the Force: Exile
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- Legacy of the Force: Fury
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation
- Legacy of the Force: Invincible
- Crosscurrent (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill