The Stintarils had sharp teeth that could easily puncture and hold on to prey, and a knobby hairless tail that was used for balance. These rodents attacked in swarms, being known for their great speed. Their prey mainly consisted of Woolamanders and Whisper birds. The species was nomadic and, as such, were constantly on the move; even their young, born in litters of four or five, were born in transit.
The metabolism of the Stintaril was extremely high, and they had to eat often or risk starving to death within a few hours. Hungry Stintarils were known to turn on their own kind as a last resort, cannibalizing the weaker among them in order to survive.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- I, Jedi
- Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
- Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin (First mentioned)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 105 (YAV7-8, Yavin 4 Animals)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide