Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Stjernekrigen (literally, "the Starwar") audiotape was a Danish audioplay released on audiotape with an accompanying booklet in 1982 (and re-released in 1983 and 1996). The play is based on A New Hope. It was originally released by Vista.
- Poul Glargaard: Luke Skywalker, Red Leader, narrator
- Peter Kitter: Darth Vader and Han Solo
- Svend Bjerre: Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Lykke Nielsen: Leia
The audiotape is notorious for its many mistranslations, mispronunciations and its generally silly phrasing, which have also given it a cult status among Danish first generation Star Wars fans, who celebrate its kitsch status and its nostalgic value.
- In the booklet of the original release in 1982, "Luke Skywalker" is translated into "Luke Skyganger", which means "Luke Cloudstrider".
- "Darth Vader" is consistently mispronounced as "Dart Wader".
- "Obi-Wan Kenobi" is repeatedly mispronounced as "Obi-Van Kanobi".
- "Leia" is once mispronounced as "Laya".
- The tape opens with "For lang tid siden i en fjern, fjern stjernetåge", meaning "A long time ago in a nebula far, far away".
- The "Galactic Empire" is translated into "Galaksens Rige", which means "The Kingdom of the Galaxy".
- In this play, the tractor beam does not pull but rather sucks the Falcon into the Death Star even though "tractor beam" itself is translated as "trækstråle", which means "pull-beam".
- The tape wrongly states that Luke became the leader of the Rebellion.
- X-wings are 'W-winger'.