The Stjernekrigen (literally, "the Starwar") audiotape was a Danish audioplay released on audiotape with an accompanying booklet in 1982 (and re-released in 1983 and 1996). The play is based on A New Hope. It was originally released by Vista.
- Poul Glargaard: Luke Skywalker, Red Leader, narrator
- Peter Kitter: Darth Vader and Han Solo
- Svend Bjerre: Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Lykke Nielsen: Leia
The audiotape is notorious for its many mistranslations, mispronunciations and its generally silly phrasing, which have also given it a cult status among Danish first generation Star Wars fans, who celebrate its kitsch status and its nostalgic value.
- In the booklet of the original release in 1982, "Luke Skywalker" is translated into "Luke Skyganger", which means "Luke Cloudstrider".
- "Darth Vader" is consistently mispronounced as "Dart Wader".
- "Obi-Wan Kenobi" is repeatedly mispronounced as "Obi-Van Kanobi".
- "Leia" is once mispronounced as "Laya".
- The tape opens with "For lang tid siden i en fjern, fjern stjernetåge", meaning "A long time ago in a nebula far, far away".
- The "Galactic Empire" is translated into "Galaksens Rige", which means "The Kingdom of the Galaxy".
- In this play, the tractor beam does not pull but rather sucks the Falcon into the Death Star even though "tractor beam" itself is translated as "trækstråle", which means "pull-beam".
- The tape wrongly states that Luke became the leader of the Rebellion.
- X-wings are 'W-winger'.