The Storm IV Twin-Pod was an atmospheric repulsorcraft manufactured by Bespin Motors and designed for patrol and policing purposes. A model of cloud car, the Storm IV consisted of twin "pods" connected by a repulsorlift engine, and was powered by an ion engine. The vehicle's pilot controlled the craft from the port-side pod, while the gunner housed within the starboard pod sat at the controls of a pair of light blaster cannons.
- "Permission granted to land on Platform 327."
- ―Cloud car pilot, to Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon
Storm IV Twin-Pods were utilized to keep the peace in the skies of Cloud City, and became a familiar sight as they patrolled and policed the airspace around the planet Bespin. Recognized by their distinctive bright orange or brick-colored hulls, these cloud cars were deployed to intercept starships bound for the floating city. The vessel's pilot and gunner worked in tandem to question approaching captains, and to take defensive measures if necessary. When the Millennium Falcon arrived seeking refuge in the city following the Battle of Hoth, the Corellian freighter was met by a patrolling cloud car, whose crew fired warning shots at the craft before its captain, Han Solo, was given landing clearance from his old friend, Lando Calrissian. The cloud cars escorted the Falcon along the approach route to Cloud City, and allowed the vessel to land at Platform 327.
- Star Wars Battlefront (DLC)
- Darth Vader 9: Shadows and Secrets, Part III
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (Post-1997 releases)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Storm IV Twin-Pod cloud car)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia