While most Stormtroopers were taken from birth and trained, the First Order also used recruits who received the same training as the conscripted from birth soldiers. Without the academies of the Galactic Empire, the First Order resorted to training their growing army on their Star Destroyers.
First Order Stormtrooper training was much more standardized than that of the Imperial Stormtroopers. Because of this their training was higher quality overall. They received training in counter-insurgency, guerrilla warfare, and commando raids. Stormtroopers also received non-tactics related training like combat medicine. They conducted live-fire exercises and drill as well as rigorous training that helped to create an emphasis on improvisation on the battlefield.
- Stormtrooper—The First Order's main enforcer throughout the galaxy. Equipped with F-11D blaster rifles and specialized armor.
- Snowtrooper—trained for operations in arctic enviornments.
- Flametrooper—equipped with flamethrowers for rooting out entrenched enemy positions.
- Megablaster heavy assault trooper—known for carrying the FWMB-10 repeating blaster.
- First Order stormtrooper executioner—tasked with dispensing final justice on First Order soldiers found guilty of treason. Equipped with Laser axes.
- Riot control stormtrooper—Assigned to keep order on worlds within First Order territory, they were trained in riot-control tactics and given non-lethal equipment, such as lightweight composite betaplast ballistic riot shields and Z6 riot control batons and also lethal weapons such as the F-11D blaster rifle.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Before the Awakening
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Phasma
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel