|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
These weapons were small, weighed about 0.5 kilograms, and had a blast radius of between 3 and 4 meters. Mercenary units, local law enforcement, and military personnel were known to use them. These grenades were designed to explode on impact and could knock out individuals caught within the blast radius from the concussive force released. They were effective against organic, living targets, not droids or electronics; ion grenades or similar devices would be used to incapacitate droids. From 32 BBY to 4 ABY, these items typically cost 600 credits, but were sometimes available for as low as 250. As with other explosives, they were often restricted.
The Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. weapons manufacturer produced a couple of variants of the stun grenade, including the C-10 stun grenade, and the C-14A stun grenade which had the unusual ability to be recharged and reused. Another variant was the Spore/B stun grenade which actually released microscopic Bothan stun spores to incapacite targets.
During the Rise of the Empire era, stun grenades were carried by Clone commandos. During the Imperial era they were used by Coruscant Guards and elite prison guards known as Imperial Dungeoneers. During the Rebellion era they were used by Spacetroopers of the Galactic Empire and SpecForce Infiltrators of the Rebel Alliance.
Other users of stun grenades were bounty hunters, who tracked and recovered sentient beings for a monetary reward. Since bounty hunters usually sought to capture their targets rather than kill them, stun grenades were a useful tool. Law enforcement and security personnel also found stun grenades useful when non-lethal tactics were required.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- "Incident at Horn Station"—Star Wars Tales 2
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: Hard Contact
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- "Force Convention"
- "The Replacements"
- "Life According to Meelo" (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- Rebel Dawn
- Tatooine Manhunt
- "No Disintegrations, Please"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14 (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Blaze of Glory"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Survivor's Quest
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty (Possible appearance)
- Star by Star
- The Unifying Force
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Mentioned only)
- Bloodlines (Mentioned only)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game
- Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook