Designed exclusively for nonlethal crowd control, stun-pistols only fired stun bolts, and emitted a glowing blue arc that could immobilize an organic target, but caused no damage to inanimate objects.
Since they were designed for stunning only, they had a longer range than most blaster's stun settings, with a typical stun pistol getting fifty shots out of a single power pack. Additionally, the bolts were heavy enough that they could pierce medium armors like stormtrooper armor.
- "The Spira Regatta"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- "Two for One"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "Stun Pistol")
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Star Wars Gamemaster Kit (As "Stun Pistol")
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (As "stunner pistol")
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Smugglers of the Outer Rim"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (As "Stun Pistol")
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The Unknown Regions
- Strongholds of Resistance