Stunners were small, hand-held weapons used to temporarily paralyze opponents. They were capable of causing minimal, non-lethal damage to an intended target. A small thong was attached to the device, which could be wrapped around the user’s hand with the disk itself placed upon the palm. By activating the power cell, the wearer could discharge a field of energy emanating from an aperture within the center of the disk. Targets within range of the weapon fell immediately unconscious upon being struck by the energy charge. Visually, the stun effect resembled the spherical rings of energy, discharged from an E-11 blaster rifle.
HistoryEditDuring the Clone Wars, stunners were used by the Coruscant Guards, though rarely-seen by others. After disrupting the Confederate–Republic peace conference being held on Mandalore, Lux Bonteri used a stunner to incapacitate Ahsoka Tano to prevent her from taking him to Coruscant.
Merr-Sonn Munitions manufactured the Model 31 during the Galactic Civil War. In 15 BBY on the planet Tyne's Horky, Kleb Zellock tried and failed to use a mini-stunner on Jan Tosh and his droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Instead, Jessica Meade used it on Zellock. Sometime later, the pirate Jyn Obah likewise used a stunner to incapacitate several guards at the castle of Mon Julpa on Tammuz-an. He also used the device against Jessica Meade, King Mon Julpa, and a young woman named Gerin.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- "Spy Girls"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 7
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Lost Prince" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Revenge of Kybo Ren"
- Death Star
- Star Wars Missions 6: The Search for Grubba the Hutt
- Star Wars Missions 8: Togorian Trap
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire video game
- Young Jedi Knights: Trouble on Cloud City