The Subjugation of Sinton was one of the Galactic Empire's many military conquests against non-Human worlds. Upon subjugating the planet, the Empire conscripted Sinton's alien denizens into slave labor. Sulamar, a career military failure who falsely styled himself an Imperial general, claimed to have participated in Sinton's conquest.
At some point during its dominion of the galaxy, prior to the year 3 ABY, the Galactic Empire subjugated the Mid Rim planet Sinton, which was populated by non-Humans, and proceeded to use the conquered inhabitants as slave labor. Imperial personnel participating in the operation included the Human males Ardan and, allegedly, Sulamar. The Subjugation of Sinton was but one incident in a series of Imperial atrocities committed at the expense of non-Human worlds.
By the year 12 ABY, Sulamar, a low-level Imperial technician who falsely titled himself a "general," regularly adorned his uniform with many medals from previous campaigns he claimed he had won. Sulamar constantly boasted of his military exploits—some nonexistent—which he alleged included the Subjugation of Sinton. In reality, Sulamar was but a career military failure.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Subjugation of Sinton was first mentioned in passing in the 1995 novel Darksaber, written by Kevin J. Anderson. The character Imperial General Sulamar brags of his military exploits throughout the story, which includes Sinton, until he is eventually exposed as a fraud, leaving in doubt his involvement in the Subjugation of Sinton—and, indeed, whether that event even exists at all.
Sinton's subjugation was later mentioned, and thereby established as factual, on the "Lieutenant Commander Ardan" card as part of the April 1997 Dagobah Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game. The Essential Atlas, released in 2009, included Sinton on a map entitled "Imperial Atrocities" in a section of the book discussing the Galactic Empire's early military conquests, suggesting that the subjugation took place early in the Imperial Period. However, the map includes events from a wide range of years, leaving the Subjugation of Sinton's chronological placement largely ambiguous.
- Darksaber (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: Lieutenant Commander Ardan)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Ardan, Lieutenant Commander")
- The Essential Atlas (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 No explicit date exists for the Subjugation of Sinton other than it takes place between the inauguration of the Galactic Empire (dated to 16:5:23 in the year 19 BBY by "Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241"—Star Wars Insider 84), according to The Essential Atlas, pg 159, and before the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (dated to 38:6:6 in the year 3 ABY by The Essential Atlas, pg 187), according to Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: Lieutenant Commander Ardan).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: Lieutenant Commander Ardan)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Darksaber
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 195 ("Sulamar, General")