Sublight engines, also known as sublight drives, or sublight thrusters were engines that let starships break through an atmosphere and fly through realspace at speeds below the speed of light. In order to attain speeds beyond the light threshold, a ship required a hyperdrive. The most common type of sublight drive was the ion engine. While starfighters used small yet powerful drives, capital ships had vast engines the size of entire buildings.
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as sublight drive)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Builders: Starfighters
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections