- "I could get you a Hydrosphere Explorer if you're prepared to wait a few weeks. An Ubrikkian repulsorsub. A V-Fin. A Trade Federation submarine, even."
- ―A Rodian merchant
Submersibles or submarines' was a vehicle designed to operate underwater. Many submersibles were used in mining operations on gas and water planets, and had limited mobility and mostly came in small one-man designs. Several companies designed luxury submersibles that could be used in tours or for private use.
The amnesiac Revan and two of his party members used a submersible to descent to a secret Republic kolto-harvester station on Manaan in their quest for the underwater Star Map. Darth Bandon and his aides might have also used a submersible (or multiple submersibles) to catch up with Revan and confront him.
Lando Calrissian employed submersibles in a variety of ventures, including one involving the mining of Corusca gems on the planet Yavin Prime. Several submersibles were in use on Calrissian's GemDiver Station.
Notable submersible producing companiesEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: Knight Errant: Deluge 1
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- Republic Commando: True Colors (Mentioned only)
- A Dark Fortress
- Dorumaa's Children
- Death in the Undercity (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- The Glove of Darth Vader
- Dark Apprentice
- "The Trouble with Squibs"—Star Wars Insider 67
- Young Jedi Knights: Crisis at Crystal Reef
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide