- "So, in your mind, I'm just like any other pirate."
"Am I wrong?"
- ―Sugi, and Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Clone WarsEdit
Trouble on FeluciaEdit
Along with her fellow bounty hunters Embo, Rumi Paramita and Seripas, Sugi was hired to protect by the Felucian elder Casiss to protect his village from the Ohnaka Gang, who were threatening farmers in exchange for a portion of their precious nysillin crops, the meagre amount of which was just about keeping them able to afford food and fuel. Meanwhile, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Ahsoka Tano came to the planet to verify the destruction of a medical station. Their shuttle was shot down by vulture droids, and they came to the village seeking help off the planet. The villagers hid and the bounty hunters confronted them at gunpoint, but Casiss defused the situation on realizing the intruders were Jedi and could help.
That night, Sugi confronted the Weequay pirates who came to the village. Their leader Hondo Ohnaka offered to pay her double what the Felucians offered, but she refused. Kenobi tried to bribe Hondo but he refused and warned he would return after the Felucians harvested their crop. At a subsequent discussion, Skywalker suggested they train the farmers to help them stop the coming attack. Sugi oversaw the transportation of the nysillin into the barn, and told the villagers to hide there to make them easier to defend. When she spotted a pirate scout, Embo caught and killed him, prompting Ohnaka to go on the offensive. Embo was injured by tankfire, and Sugi carried him into the barn before resuming fighting beside Kenobi. Skywalker confronted Hondo on his tank and almost killed him, prompting the pirate captain to declare the operation unprofitable and flee. Afterwards, as the Felucians rebuilt, Sugi offered the Jedi a lift home.
Hired by the WookieesEdit
Almost two years later, Sugi was hired by the Wookiee General Tarfful to transport him and his soldiers to the Trandoshan moon Wasskah to rescue Chewbacca. Among the other Trandoshan prisoners they rescued were Ahsoka and the Jedi younglings Jinx and O-Mer. After dropping them off at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, Sugi spoke with Grand Master Yoda and Master Mace Windu before departing. Between those missions, Sugi and Embo would hang out on Tatooine. She was in Jabba the Hutt's palace during Baron Papanoida's visit, and at Mos Eisley's cantina when Asajj Ventress took the bounty on Savage Opress.
Hired by the HuttsEdit
Sugi and Embo took a job guarding Gardulla Besadii the Elder's palace – the gathering place of the Grand Hutt Council – on Nal Hutta with Latts Razzi and Dengar. When the commanders of the Shadow Collective – Opress, his brother Darth Maul and Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla – came demanding the Hutt Clan's submission, Jabba, who was attending via hologram, ordered the bounty hunters to kill them. Sugi threw a knife at Maul, which Opress stopped and threw back at Embo's anooba Marrok with the Force. A fight ensued, with Sugi just opening fire instead. She jumped out of the way of Vizla's flamethrower and pursued the crime lords, only to pushed back as Bo-Katan Kryze's Nite Owls entered the fray. She snuck on Maul and Vizsla, engaging the Sith Lord in hand-to-hand combat after Marrok knocked him away from his lightsaber. After Maul Force choked her and threw her aside, Razzi and Dengar threw smoke bombs at the Sith, prompting her to follow Razzi's suggestion that she and Embo flee. Maul let her go, remarking they were only bounty hunters.
Sugi was an honorable mercenary who would take jobs because she believed in them, not just because she would be paid. She was one for stopping in mid-battle to check on a comrade if they were hurt. She disliked the Jedi, quipping they were peacekeepers who failed to keep it during the Clone Wars, and was antagonistic towards Kenobi for implying she was only on Felucia for the credits, although he had initially refused to help the locals. However, after fighting alongside him, they developed a mutual respect.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sugi was voiced by Anna Graves in the episodes "Bounty Hunters" and "Wookiee Hunt". She studied Russian at college and was aiming to give Sugi that accent; she also mixed in some Middle Eastern accents for the alien. Graves recorded some subsequent appearances for the character before the show's cancellation.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ According to Tarkin, the events of "The Citadel" occur a year after a battle on Murkhana, which itself took place nine months after the Battle of Geonosis. As a result, "The Citadel" takes place one year and nine months into the Clone Wars. Since places "Wookiee Hunt" after "The Citadel," it can be concluded that "Wookiee Hunt" also takes place over a year into the war.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- ↑ Aftermath
- ↑ Everything Geek Podcast Guest Interview- Anna Graves. Geek Podcast (April 2015). Retrieved on February 6, 2016.
- ↑ Fangirls Going Rogue #23 (2015-09-16). Retrieved on February 6, 2016.