| Physical information
|Points of interest|
Barons Hed (capital)
Sulon was the headquarters of Sulon Incorporated, a SoroSuub subsidiary which utilized the underground areas of the moon for manufacturing and starport facilities. These underground facilities were where the most dangerous Sullustan explosives, weapons, and bacteriological testing was conducted, safely off of the surface of Sullust.
During the Galactic Civil War there was an active Rebel group on Sulon. Morgan Katarn (Kyle Katarn's father) was a leader in this group, that tried to become independent of SoroSuub Corporation energy plants.
Following the Battle of Endor, Imperial forces began a counterassault against the Rebels on Sulon, planning to drive the Alliance off the moon, then to use it as a base of operations for attacking Sullust. Entire Rebel cells and brigades were killed and eventually, the Alliance ordered all their forces on Sulon to retreat. Those with access to starships fled immediately, but scores of Alliance personnel were left behind, so they made their way to Akkalo Station, a small Imperial spaceport, and captured it. The Alliance sent a shuttle to the port, to pick up the survivors, but the Imperials sent reinforcements to the station before the shuttle could arrive.
There was one known city on Sulon, which was Barons Hed. There, Jerec and his six companions had established a palace, which Kyle Katarn infiltrated. Kyle had his first victory against a Dark Jedi on Sulon, as he defeated Yun in the palace, though sparing his life. Jerec had served as the moon's governor for a short time, and Sulon later was under Jerec's jurisdiction after the Battle of Endor. Jerec had wiped much of the Rebel populace, though some had fled to Ruusan.
Behind the scenesEdit
There is a discrepancy on the pronunciation of Sulon between two appearances. In a cut scene from Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Kyle Katarn pronounces the name of the moon as Soo-lawn. Alternately, in the audio dramatization of Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire, the voice actors pronounce it suhl-uhn.
- "Outgunned"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.20 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire / audio drama
- Dark Forces Manual: Coded Transmissions (First mentioned)
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent / audio drama
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (First appearance)
- "Game Room: Playing with the Dark Side"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 8 (Picture only)
- Dark Forces Manual: Coded Transmissions
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Dark Forces Saga
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 124
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 140 (KAT5, Second Chance)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Galaxy at War
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 30
- The Essential Reader's Companion