B2 super battle droids were an advanced battle droid used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. Super battle droids were much stronger than their predecessors, and they did not require a command system to operate, which gave the droids limited independence. Another improvement was their thick armor casing, which contained their fragile sensors. However, B2s were designed with simple processors, limiting their ability to formulate strategies. As a result, they relied on organic commanders or tactical droids in order to effectively operate. Some were equipped with a cannon arm that could fire homing rockets.
Behind the scenesEdit
B2 super battle droids first appeared in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. Originally, as seen in animatics for the film, the super battle droids were to dual wield E-5 blaster rifles instead of having a built-in wrist blaster.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Darth Vader 3: Vader, Part III
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- ↑ Star Wars: Droid Factory
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Saga blu-ray, Disc 7, Star Wars Archives: Episode II Deleted Scene: Raid on the Droid Control Ship and Extended Arena Fight