- "Miniaturized Death Star tech."
A superlaser siege cannon or battering ram cannon was a heavy artillery weapon deployed by the First Order, capable of penetrating enemy defenses.
The superlaser siege cannon was a piece of miniaturized Death Star technology capable of firing a devastating energy pulse along a targeting tracer beam to cause a powerful detonation upon impact. The two-hundred-meter cannon required support vehicles to maneuver it into position during sieges; the weapon was airlifted onto battlefields, and was towed on ultra-dense cables by All Terrain Heavy Haulers. When positioned, the cannon deployed retractable stabilizing outriggers to ground its bulk, and was armed with topside defense turrets for protection while charging.
A siege cannon was deployed by the First Order during the Battle of Crait, used to blow a hole in the blast door of the Crait outpost sheltering Resistance personnel. V-4X-D ski speeders attempted to destroy the weapon, and Finn set out on a kamikaze run into the cannon's barrel, but was intercepted by Rose Tico at the last second. The cannon fired unopposed, breaching the Resistance's defenses and ultimately allowing Kylo Ren entry into the outpost.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as superlaser siege cannon)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- (First identified as battering ram cannon)