- "I'm a journalist. I needed a story, and I thought Poe could give it to me. I manipulated him. Used our friendship to get what I wanted."
- ―Suralinda Javos
Suralinda Javos was a female Squamatan who lived approximately 30 years after the Battle of Endor. Javos served in the New Republic Navy alongside Poe Dameron some time after the Battle of Endor, becoming acquainted and establishing a friendship with him. Eventually she resigned her commission to become a journalist, working for the Galaxy Beacon.
Approximately 30 years after the Battle of Endor, she arranged a meeting with Dameron to write a scandal story about the rumored Resistance, with the scandal of finding the location of their secret base. She sent a message to him from the Inner Rim planet Pheryon, pretending she had information about the First Order that she had uncovered during her journalism work, including information about a secret large-scale project.
Before Dameron arrived, Javos bribed the security forces in the floating city to leave, and arranged for a gang of thugs to shoot at them once Dameron arrived, framing the former on the latter group. The deal went as planned, and Javos and Dameron escaped the city on a stolen stormsailer. While they escaped they were captured by four stormtroopers led by Lieutenant Weel of the First Order Security Bureau. The two escaped, and Javos then revealed to Dameron that she had deduced that he flew for the Resistance. Having gained her trust, she was flown by Dameron to the Resistance headquarters on D'Qar to relay her ostensible intel on the First Order to General Leia Organa. Once there, she quit her job as a journalist to join the Resistance.
- Poe Dameron 7: The Gathering Storm (First appearance)
- Poe Dameron 17: War Stories, Part I
- Poe Dameron 18: War Stories, Part II
- Poe Dameron 19: War Stories, Part III
- Poe Dameron 21: Legend Found, Part II
- Poe Dameron 22: Legend Found, Part III
- Poe Dameron 23: Legend Found, Part IV
- Poe Dameron 25: Legend Found, Part VI
- Poe Dameron 26: The Awakening, Part I