- "No Hutts, no Jawas. This is already better than Tatooine."
- ―Mara Jade
Svivren was a mountainous Outer Rim Territories planet not far from Andasala. It was at the terminus of the Five Veils Route, which connected it to Suarbi. Despite the harsh climate of the world and its severe seasonal variation, the native Svivreni thrived and made it an important regional trading port. Its population of more than eight billion included large colonies of Humans, Sullustans and Ewoks. The source of Svivren's Ewok population was unknown. The importance of trade was reflected in the planet's Festival of Great Trade.
Svivreni law forbid the presence of personal weapons, and any violent acts resulted in an immediate public execution. Well-armed security forces enforced these harsh codes effectively. The planet had a low crime rate and was avoided by smugglers.
The planet was divided into a northern and a southern district. The northern district was experiencing an anti-Imperial rebellion as of 4 ABY. The southern district as a result had fewer troops and of less quality. The southern garrison was commanded by High General Touno, who resided in the southern district's capital of Wrils.
The planet was directly represented in the Galactic Senate.
Svivren remained completely neutral during the Galactic Civil War and resisted any Imperial attempts to occupy the planet. During the Thrawn campaign, Imperial forces attacked Svivren but were repelled.
The planet was home to the Svivren Xenomineralogy Institute, which graduated fine mining foremen and metallurgists.
- Jedi Quest: The School of Fear (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (First appearance)
- Sleight of Hand: The Tale of Mara Jade (Mentioned only)
- Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand 1
- Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand 2
- "First Contact"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command (First mentioned)
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- "Game Room: Launching a New Rebellion"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 10
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 32
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook, p. 133
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 226
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, p. 15