- "Rebels to your left. Use infrared scanners. Open fire!"
- ―A swamptrooper
Trained to operate for extended periods in marshy environments, these specialized soldiers were deployed to dense, swamp theaters and wore upgraded, green armor that allowed for easier operations in humid and poisonous environments. While training aided the swamp troopers in navigating the swamps, a sealed suit and body glove, custom rebreather, emergency flotation package, and enhanced viewfinder provided a greater chance of survival in the often dangerous swamps in which they operated. Each swamptrooper was armed with the Golan Arms FC-1 flechette launcher, except for the squad leaders, who carried Imperial Heavy Repeaters.
The early versions of swamptrooper armor closely resembled the armor of the Galactic Republic's clone scout troopers, and they also resembled forest-style camouflage versions of scout troopers. In the years leading up to the Battle of Hoth, some swamptroopers were forced to equip themselves with previously used stormtrooper scout armor, with a green tint.
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Planet of the Mists (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "Imperial Icons"—Star Wars Insider 148