- "Leave us."
- ―Chancellor Palpatine dismisses Sweitt Concorkill
Sweitt Concorkill was a Vurk senator for the Galactic Republic Senate who joined the Delegation of 2,000 during the Clone Wars. In 19 BBY, Concorkill attended a performance of Squid Lake at the Galaxies Opera House on the planet Coruscant and sat in the private box of Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine.
Sweitt Concorkill was a Vurk senator who served in the Galactic Senate of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Concorkill joined the Delegation of 2,000, a group of senators who were concerned with Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine's continued use of emergency powers during the war.
Shortly after the Battle of Coruscant in 19 BBY, Concorkill attended a performance of the opera Squid Lake at the Galaxies Opera House on the planet Coruscant. The senator sat in Palpatine's private viewing box along with Vice Chair Mas Amedda, senior administrative aide Sly Moore, and the Supreme Chancellor himself.
Midway through the performance, Palpatine calmly dismissed Concorkill, Amedda, and Moore from the box upon the arrival of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, whom Palpatine had invited to watch the opera with him. Together, the two proceeded to have a private conversation on matters relating to knowledge of the Force.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Sweitt Concorkill first appeared in the 2005 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. For the new Star Wars canon, the character was first identified by name in 2016 by the Star Wars: Card Trader app. That name had originally been introduced in the 2005 Star Wars Legends reference book Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary, which was written by James Luceno.
Concorkill was originally meant to be an Ongree senator based on the design of character Pablo-Jill from Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. However, once the Pablo-Jill model was redesigned for Revenge of the Sith, the Ongree senator's clothes were changed to Jedi robes, and the character was renamed Coleman Kcaj. As a result, the name Sweitt Concorkill was mistakenly applied to an image of Kcaj in Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary. This error was ultimately rectified for Star Wars Legends in the 2005 Star Wars Insider 85 article "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000," written by Daniel Wallace.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: ) (First identified as Sweitt Concorkill)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which includes Sweitt Concorkill's appearance, to 19 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: )
- ↑ Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000"—Star Wars Insider 85