Sy Myrthians were the sentient natives of Sy Myrth.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Sy Myrthians were a species of apparently mammalian gastropods, moving on one large "foot" (similar to the Hutts). They were covered in short fur and had elongated heads.
Once members of the Galactic Republic, the Sy Myrthians were represented by Senator Toonbuck Toora in the Galactic Senate. Shortly before the First Battle of Geonosis, they seceded from the Republic and joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Two later served as diplomats on the planet Coruscant under the New Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cloak of Deception erroneously describes Toonbuck Toora as a "hairy biped", even if all the other sources specify that Sy Myrthians are not bipeds.
According to Leland Chee's "Ask Lobot" article in Star Wars Insider 101, "There has been some suggestion that the Toonbuck Toora we see on Geonosis was actually a Shi'ido shape-shifter involved in a duplicitous ploy to bring Sy Myrth to the Confederacy. In that scenario, the plot is ultimately foiled, leaving the planet firmly loyal to the Republic."
- Darth Plagueis
- Cloak of Deception
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic 21: Twilight, Part 3
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode II — Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones novel
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: Crisis on Coruscant
- Spy Girls
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Rogues Gallery: City Slickers"—Star Wars Gamer 10 (Picture only) "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 101
- The Essential Guide to Warfare