|T-21 light repeating blaster|
|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
The T-21 was the heaviest and one of the most powerful standard-issue weapon that could be carried by a single soldier. The sheer power of its bolts could cut through personal armor and break down personal energy shields, even penetrate the armored plating on many light combat vehicles. It could be weilded two-handed and fired on the move however for superior accuracy a light extendable tripod, usually carried in the soldier's belt, was included for stationary firing.
While it came with a standard power pack this only provided enough energy for twenty-five shots, which meant the T-21 was almost always paired with a continuous-feed power generator. This twenty-kilogram generator was carried as a backpack, and the entire set-up of weapon, tripod and generator could be made operational in less than thirty seconds, creating a devastating weapon emplacement. The generator's low cooling capacity limited the T-21 to a maximum firing rate of one shot per second. Some units would pair a larger generator for full autofire, but this required a second crewman to carry the bulkier generator and sustained used at this higher rate threatened to melt the T-21 if the firer wasn't careful.
Clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic carried T-21s into battle during the later stages of the Clone Wars, and the weapon was carried over in the transition from Galactic Republic to the Galactic Empire. It was a common squad support weapon for both Stormtrooper and Imperial Army trooper squads; artillery sections of the Imperial Army also had at least one T-21 to provide covering fire while the rest of the unit set up heavier artillery peices and E-WEB repeating blasters. Due to its portability, it was also popular with the Rebel Alliance, and later the New Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
A First World War-era Lewis machine gun provided the basis for the T-21. The Lewis gun was the standard light machine gun of British and Commonwealth forces during World War I. It was fed by a drum magazine that was placed horizontally on top of the gun's receiver. To produce the T-21 prop, the drum magazine was removed and minor cosmetic alterations were made.
The EMP Launchers used by Jet Troopers in Star Wars: Battlefront II resembled this weapon.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- Scoundrels (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War (Identified as Desert E-11)
- Star Wars: Empire 12: Darklighter, Part 3
- Star Wars: Empire 5: Princess... Warrior, Part 1
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire 16: To the Last Man, Part 1
- Star Wars: Empire 36: The Wrong Side of the War, Part 1
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Identified as T21 Rifle)
- Star by Star
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- Star Wars Sourcebook
- The Far Orbit Project
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Light Repeating Blaster Rifle)
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Miniatures: Rebel Storm
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 76 (BLA19-20, Light Repeating Blaster)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide (as T21 rifle)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Sandtrooper (★★★)) (Picture only)
- Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology