The T-47 airpseeder, also known as the T-47 light airspeeder, was a model of low-altitude vehicle manufactured by Incom Corporation. When the Alliance to Restore the Republic was stationed on the icy planet of Hoth, a contingent of T-47 airspeeders were modified to become ground attack, low-altitude fighters called snowspeeders. Hoth's extreme cold temperatures were too severe for these craft; the power generators would lock up since they ran hot, requiring a large bank of heat radiator fins for essential cooling. Rebel technicians modified the T-47 airspeeder by insulating each radiator fin with side panels to decrease the heat exchange in order to better suit the new environment.
A small, wedge-shaped vehicle, the Alliance snowspeeder was a two-person craft, with a pilot and a rear-facing tailgunner with a speed of 1,100 kph. It had two heavy, forward-facing laser cannons and a harpoon cannon placed ahead of the tailgunner. During the Battle of Hoth, these snowspeeders used tow cables to easily disable All Terrain Armored Transport walkers by firing the tow cable and chasing it out around the walker's legs, stopping its locomotion and immobilizing the walker.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Forces of Destiny: Daring Adventures: Volume 2
- Lost Stars
- Lost Stars webcomic
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Darth Vader 13: Vader Down, Part II
- Star Wars 38: The Ashes of Jedha, Part I
- Star Wars 41: The Ashes of Jedha, Part IV
- Star Wars: Commander (Appears in artwork)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Leia
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- AT-AT Attack!
- Star Wars: Uprising (Wreckage only)
- Poe Dameron 23: Legend Found, Part IV
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Showdown on Hoth"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Classic Star Wars (Set: 75074 Snowspeeder)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as T-47 light airspeeder)
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- Snowspeeder on Wikipedia