The T-7 ion disruptor rifle was a model of high-powered disruptor rifle designed to disable starships and take out multiple enemies at one time. The rifles would also have destructive effects when used on organic lifeforms. The rifles were responsible for the near-extinction of the Lasat species, and their destructive powers led the Imperial Senate to ban their use within the Galactic Empire. The rebel crew of the Ghost later stole a shipment of T-7 ion disruptors and turned them over to the secretly-rebellious Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan.
T-7 ion disruptors were long rifles capable of disabling starships or killing sentient lifeforms. When used on an organic being, the victim was disintegrated atom by atom, resulting in a slow, painful death. The butt of the rifle had a large stock in order to absorb recoil when firing; a power cell at its center; and could fire ionized plasma.
- "I was there when Lasan fell. I know why you fear those disruptors. I gave the order to use them."
- ―Agent Kallus, to Garazeb Orrelios
During the Siege of Lasan, Agent Kallus of the Imperial Security Bureau gave the order to use T-7s against the Lasat, the sentient species native to the planet. Most of the Lasat were killed during the fall, and the gruesome effects that the rifles had on organic lifeforms led the Imperial Senate to ban their use.
Some time later, in the years before the Battle of Yavin, some T-7 disruptors were manufactured and owned by weapons manufacturer Amda Wabo. Minister Maketh Tua of Lothal met with Wabo to discuss an arms deal, with assistance from the droids C-3PO and R2-D2, who had been dispatched by Lothal's governor, Arihnda Pryce—and, secretly, Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan, who wanted the weapons destroyed. The arms deal was intercepted and disrupted on Garel by the rebel crew of the Ghost, who intended to sell the weapons to Lothal arms dealer Cikatro Vizago. Agent Kallus found the rebels and attempted to both destroy the rebels and retrieve the weapons, but he failed and the rebels were able to escape. The remaining disruptor rifles were then turned over to Senator Organa.
Behind the scenesEdit
It was also a weapon that was part of the Star Wars Legends continuity, featuring in games such as Jedi Knight as well as other media, meaning the canonization of the weapon by Star Wars Rebels.
- Rebel Rising (Mentioned only)
- Droids in Distress book
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First identified as T-7 disruptors)
- You don't want to know what it does to organic beings.. Star Wars Rebels (October 18, 2014). Retrieved on October 18, 2014.
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power!
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Forged in Battle
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as T-7 ion disruptor rifle)