|R60 T-wing interceptor|
Rated 20 SBD
Rated 14 RU
Like the A-wing, the T-wing was a light fast-response starfighter. The ship's speed was similar to a TIE Interceptor, but it also included hyperdrive capability. With shield and hull strength similar to that of the Z-95 Headhunter, this craft would not last long if it was hit accurately by even a medium-power salvo.
Maneuverability was another disappointment to its designers, as it was less maneuverable than the A-wing. As per the A-wing, weapons were light, with only dual laser cannons being fitted in order to maintain maneuverability. However, the T-wing's warhead load was equal to that of an X-wing, making it a good multi-role fighter in the hands of a competent pilot.
The Rebels used this fighter for only a short time before deciding to sell it to neutral factions, hoping to at least gain a profit. Unexpectedly, the T-wing proved very effective in the hands of such pilots as the nomadic pirate leader Ali Tarrak, and the fighter quickly became popular with independents and proliferated across the galaxy.
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (First appearance)
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Stay on Target (First identified as R60 T-wing interceptor)