- "If Yoda is indeed the Jedi warrior you believe he is, let him prove it. Allow me to send my best troops to capture him."
- ―Asajj Ventress to King Katuunko of her confidence in T81 Division
T81 Division was the best Separatist Droid Army unit assigned to Dark Acolyte Asajj Ventress during the Clone Wars. Ventress deployed one of its battalions—led by two OOM commanders, one designated 224—to a moon, Rugosa, where they were destroyed by Jedi Master Yoda and three Coruscant Guardsmen.
Despite low target accuracy, the maneuverability and destructive force of T81 Division was highly rated compared to other Separatist droids. Utilizing gray and blue-striped STAPs and AATs, and spider droids with blue photoreceptors, the OOM commander-led division included B1, B2, and B2-HA infantry with droidekas.
Around 21 BBY, under the orders of Dark Acolyte Asajj Ventress, the C-9979 landing craft L-2832 deployed a T81 Division battalion to the coral moon of Rugosa in a bid to convince King Katuunko of Separatist superiority, boasting her droids could capture Jedi Master Yoda—there negotiating a Toydarian system Republic presence. Led by two OOM commanders, the battalion had difficulty navigating through coral, compelling the commander designated 224 to abandon the AATs. Coruscant Guardsmen "Rys," "Jek," and CC-4477 then helped Yoda rout them. After losing the battalion, Ventress retreated.
Behind the scenesEdit
Following T81 Division's July 26, 2008 debut in Star Wars PocketModel TCG: Clone Wars, one of its battalions appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television episode, "Ambush," which aired October 3.
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars (Card: T81 Division Droid STAP) (First pictured) (First identified as T81 Division)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars (Card: T81 Division Dwarf Spider Droid)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars (Card: T81 Division Droid STAP)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars Tactics (Card: T81 Division AAT)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars Tactics (Card: T81 Division Droid STAP)