| Production information
| Technical specifications
|Chronological and political information|
- "The Ambassadors are Jedi Knights, I believe."
TC-14 was a Cybot Galactica TC-series protocol droid, part of a special lengthy production run that introduced new features and skill-sets. The company wanted to highlight the introduction of the TranLang III communications module center into their droid line by including the letters TC in the serial numbers of all droids produced in this series. Of these, the early ones (including TC-14) were often referred to by a TC prefix. Like TC-14 herself, nearly all of them were programmed with a feminine personality, and like her, they were excellent at operating calmly under pressure. This can largely be attributed to the frequent number of memory wipes she received.
TC-14 was purchased by the Trade Federation and ended up on the Lucrehulk-class battleship Profiteer (Saak'ak) during the Federation's occupation of Naboo. Her etiquette skills proved to be of excellent use to the Neimoidians when seeking to distract "problematic" envoys.
It was she who greeted the Republic ambassadors (secretly Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi) during the blockade of Naboo in 32 BBY. However, she suspected that the ambassadors were none other than Jedi.
She reported to Neimoidians Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, and Daultay Dofine that the ambassadors were Jedi Knights, which prompted them to send her to delay and distract the Jedi. While she served the Jedi drinks, poisonous gas filled the room and took them by surprise. As this occurred, TC-14 offered an apology to the ambassadors. After escaping the room, the Jedi spared TC-14 and allowed her to leave.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace game
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novelization
- Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Unlockable in the PSP version)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Star Wars: Episode I toy line
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 3 (NAB3, The Naboo Blockade) (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 13 (NAB10, The Naboo Blockade)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 71 (TEE1-4, TC-14)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Coruscant Limited (Card: TC-14)
- Young Jedi Collectible Card Game – Boonta Eve Podrace (Card: TC-14)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 50
- "Things To Look Out For In Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D!"—Star Wars Insider 131