|Maximum speed (atmosphere)||
SFS twin ion engines
Titanium alloy hull
10 metric tons
The TIE/gt starfighter was based on the standard TIE Fighter design but with the main pod elongated to accommodate a bomb bay. It was designed to be dependent on the TIE/fc starfighter, which provided precise targeting information; however, many larger structures could be destroyed even without the TIE/fc's assistance.
The TIE/gt was a predecessor to the TIE/sa bomber.
After the introduction of the TIE bomber, the Imperial Navy transferred the TIE/gt to outlying posts, lower-priority assignments, and the Imperial Army as quickly as the datawork could be filed; however, Army resistance and legitimate lack of demand slowed down the process considerably.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: Battlefront II there is a TIE series fighter armed with proton torpedoes. It could be this ship, but it also could have been the game mechanics, equaling the TIE/LN starfighter with the T-65 X-wing starfighter.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- The Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Alliance Intelligence Report: TIE Fighters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Star Wars: Chronicles
- "Special Military Unit Intelligence Update"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
Notes and referencesEdit