- "I always wanted to fly one of these things."
- ―Poe Dameron
The TIE/sf space superiority fighter was a starfighter model used by the First Order, a specialized version of the TIE/fo space superiority fighter. It was a two-seater unlike the previous TIE models, and was outfitted with enhanced weapons and sensor systems as well as hyperdrives and deflector shields. The TIE/sf was reserved for members of the First Order's elite Special Forces. On the lower side of the vehicle, directly below the primary fuel tank, was a turret containing a pair of laser cannons and a mag-pulse warhead launcher.
A two-seat strike fighter used by the First Order's elite Special Forces pilots, the TIE/sf boasted weapons far more powerful than a standard TIE, combining laser cannons with a heavy turret and warhead launcher. Special Forces TIEs were equipped with hyperdrives, deflector shields and high-yield cells that provided additional power to onboard systems. These versatile attack ships were used for both reconnaissance and combat operations.
- Poe Dameron 2: Black Squadron, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 4: Lockdown, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part I
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy (as TIE Fighter Special Forces)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter) (First identified as First Order Special Forces TIE fighter)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as TIE/sf space superiority fighter)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Picture only)