The TIE/vn space superiority fighter, also known as the TIE silencer, was an angular variant of the TIE line starfighters used by the First Order. A product of Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems, the fighter was engineered for speed and handling, though lesser pilots were still often overwhelmed and unable to maintain control of the nimble ship. For armaments, the TIE/vn was armed with laser cannons and missile launchers. Reminiscent in design of the Galactic Empire's TIE/IN interceptor and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced, Kylo Ren used one such ship during the First Order–Resistance war.
Behind the scenesEdit
The TIE/vn space superiority fighter was created and developed for Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, the upcoming eighth film in the Star Wars saga, which is scheduled for release on December 15, 2017. The ship was officially revealed on The Star Wars Show on July 19, 2017. The TIE silencer was named by the Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo. Although Hidalgo initially considered the name "TIE vendetta," he eventually decided on the name "TIE silencer," but kept the old name's initials ("/vn") in the full technical name.
The TIE silencer will be included to the upcoming video game Star Wars Battlefront II, which is set for release on November 17, 2017. The game will also feature The Last Jedi-themed content with the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Season coming in December 2017.
- Star Wars Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Book and Model – Make Your Own TIE Silencer
- Star Wars: Glow-in-the-Dark Starfighters - Sticker Activity Book
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Set: 75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – TIE Silencer Expansion Pack
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ screenshot) . "At one point it was gonna be called a TIE vendetta. But went with silencer instead, but kept the /vn. That's the real-world answer, anyway." (
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Starfighter Assault Gameplay Trailer
- ↑ The Galaxy Will Keep Getting Bigger Post-Launch. Electronic Arts. ea.com (2017-06-10). Archived from the original on June 11, 2017. Retrieved on June 11, 2017. "This starts with the Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ Season coming this December, where all Star Wars Battlefront II players will get access to Finn, Captain Phasma, the new planet Crait, and more."