The TIE/vn space superiority fighter, also known as the TIE silencer, was an angular variant of the TIE line starfighters used by the First Order. A product of Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems, the fighter was armed with laser cannons and missile launchers. Reminiscent in design of the Galactic Empire's TIE/IN interceptor and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced, Kylo Ren used one such ship during the First Order–Resistance conflict.
Behind the scenesEdit
The TIE/vn space superiority fighter was created and developed for Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, the upcoming eighth film in the Star Wars saga, which is scheduled for release on December 15, 2017. The ship was officially revealed on The Star Wars Show on July 19, 2017. The TIE silencer was named by the Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo. Although Hidalgo initially considered the name "TIE vendetta," he eventually decided on the name "TIE silencer," but kept the old name's initials ("/vn") in the full technical name.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Book and Model – Make Your Own TIE Silencer
- Star Wars: Glow-in-the-Dark Starfighters - Sticker Activity Book
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Set: 75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ screenshot) . “At one point it was gonna be called a TIE vendetta. But went with silencer instead, but kept the /vn. That's the real-world answer, anyway.” (