|TIE/IT Interdictor starfighter|
Twin Ion Engine/IT Interdictor
| Technical specifications
The Galactic Empire's TIE Interdictor bomber had wings and a command module which were nearly identical to those found on a TIE/sa bomber. However, the command module was flanked on both sides by a pair of ordinance pods, for a total of four.
The ship was piloted by one individual, and was equipped with shields. The armor was stronger than other TIE models, but the craft does not include a hyperdrive. The TIE Interdictor was armed with linked light laser cannons and ordnance pods, able to carry concussion missiles or proton torpedos, and twin linked versions of the TIE/sa bomber's proton bomb bays.
The TIE Interdictors were used by the Empire during the Galactic Civil War. The Interdictor was developed as an advanced TIE model following the Battle of Yavin. The craft was to be used in assault missions where Star Destroyers could not venture, and have earned an effective reputation as they hunt Rebel bases.
Several months later, at least one TIE Interdictor was still present along with other Imperial forces at a Kessel Detention Center. The Detention Centers were subsequently liberated by Wookiee forces. 
Behind the scenesEdit
Few technical details are provided for this craft in its only appearance, the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. Most of what is known is based on extrapolation from its physical structure and similarity to the TIE Bomber.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First identified as TIE Interdictor, Advanced TIE Bomber)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
- Stay on Target (First identified as TIE/IT Interdictor starfighter)
- "X-Wing Miniatures Game - TIE Punisher Expansion Pack" (First identified as TIE Punisher)
Notes and referencesEdit