Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Galactic Empire's TIE Interdictor bomber had wings and a command module which were nearly identical to those found on a TIE/sa bomber and TIE Heavy Bomber. However, the command module was flanked on both sides by a pair of ordnance pods, for a total of four. They can also include enhanced sensors.
The ship was piloted by one individual, and was equipped with shields. The armor was stronger than other TIE models, but the craft did not include a hyperdrive. The TIE Interdictor was armed with linked laser cannons and ordnance pods, able to carry 12 concussion missiles or 12 proton torpedos, and twin linked versions of the TIE/sa bomber's proton bomb bays. Their ordnance can also be expanded to include plasma torpedoes, flechette torpedoes, advanced homing missiles, cluster mines, and ion bombs.
The TIE Interdictor was used by the Empire during the Galactic Civil War. The Interdictor was developed as an advanced TIE model following the Battle of Yavin. The craft was to be used in assault missions where Star Destroyers could not venture, and earned an effective reputation as they hunted Rebel bases. Redline used a TIE Interdictor at least once, and the Interdictor was also used for the Cutlass Squadron.
Several months later, at least one TIE Interdictor was still present along with other Imperial forces at a Kessel Detention Center. The Detention Centers were subsequently liberated by Wookiee forces. 
The TIE Interdictors continued to see use after at least 5.5 ABY, with the name "TIE Punisher", and included weaponry such as Flechette torpedoes.
Behind the scenesEdit
Few technical details are provided for this craft in its debut appearance, the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. Most of what was known about it at the time is based on extrapolation from its physical structure and similarity to the TIE Bomber.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First identified as TIE Interdictor, Advanced TIE Bomber)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
- Stay on Target (First identified as TIE/IT Interdictor starfighter)
- X-Wing Miniatures Game – Rulesheet (First identified as TIE Punisher)
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 160
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 Stay on Target
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 X-Wing: TIE Punisher Expansion Pack
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology