The TIE Reaper was a TIE line starfighter manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems, and used by the Galactic Empire as a troop transport. The fighter featured flat, pointed, horizontal wings; similar in design to the TIE striker—a streamlined TIE variant specialized for in-atmosphere missions. At least one transport was present in the Ring of Kafrene during Rebel Captain Cassian Andor's mission to the asteroid belt in 0 BBY. Another TIE Reaper was notably used during the Battle of Scarif to insert a squad of death troopers, Director Orson Krennic's guard squadron, into battle to defeat Rogue One—a squad of Rebel soldiers that took it upon themselves to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's planet killer superweapon. In order to ensure the TIE Reaper could successfully insert the squad, it was escorted by a flight of TIE strikers. Around 34 years later, in 34 ABY, a criminal organization called the Ranc gang had TIE Reapers under their command on the planet Kaddak.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Galaxy of Heroes does indeed reveal the death trooper dropship name."
- ―Pablo Hidalgo
The TIE Reaper first appeared, albeit unnamed, in the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and was designed by co-production designer Doug Chiang. The starship first identified as TIE Reaper in Electronic Arts' mobile game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. Despite the game being based on both canonical and Legends material, Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo confirmed the aforementioned name via his Twitter account. He also stated that the TIE Reaper wasn't named in Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide—a reference book for Rogue One which was written by Hidalgo and released on December 16, 2016, the same day as the film itself—because the book went to print in October, and the ship wasn't named until November.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One 6
- Poe Dameron 10: The Gathering Storm, Part III
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (First identified as TIE Reaper)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Poe Dameron 10: The Gathering Storm, Part III
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ . “Galaxy of Heroes does indeed reveal the death trooper dropship name. [crosses that off the FAQ]”
- ↑ . “Because the ship wasn't named until November, and the book went to print in October.”