The TIE/br boarding shuttle had an enlarged, hollow secondary pod with clamps and a hull-cutter.
It was used to deliver small stormtrooper boarding parties onto captured or disabled ships when larger vessels such as the Gamma-class assault shuttle were not appropriate for the task. Unlike most craft in the TIE Series, the boarding craft was equipped with landing gear and was able to land on a hangar deck instead of in an overhead launch rack. Passengers could then disembark via a boarding ramp.
Behind the scenesEdit
This ship was designed for the very first Star Wars film, but the exterior model would not make it into any scenes. The design would be resurrected for The Empire Strikes Back as the TIE bomber and the TIE shuttle. Likewise, the TIE/sa bomber itself also featured a similar usage to the TIE boarding craft in Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, in the Raid at Bakura mission, as Wedge Antilles, if the player gets a Silver Medal or better, will have to hijack a TIE bomber in order to rescue Hobbie after he was shot down on Bakura.
- The Star Wars Sketchbook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 13
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 70
- "Authors of the Expanded Universe: Chris Claremont"—Star Wars Insider 146 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (First identified as TIE/br boarding shuttle)
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide