- "TK-421, why aren't you at your post? TK-421, do you copy?"
- ―Imperial officer Pol Treidum
TK-421 worked in maintenance, and with help of the mouse droid MSE-6-G735Y, delivered supplies and equipment to different sectors of the station. On one occasion, a mishap with G7's holorecorder playback caused him to catch the attention of Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, who became smitten over the trooper. TK-421 was highly fond of his mouse droid and often spoke to it of his dream to be transferred to Coruscant. He held a security clearance of lambda, but was upgraded to beta following his meeting with Tarkin.
When the Death Star captured the Millennium Falcon, TK-421 was ordered to guard the ship while an Imperial scanning crew determined if anyone was aboard. Responding to a call for help from inside the ship, TK-421 and another trooper were ambushed by Han Solo. Solo and Luke Skywalker then used the two troopers' armor to infiltrate the Death Star. Not too long afterward, the Battle of Yavin commenced, which ended with the Rebel Alliance destroying the Death Star.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- "Of MSE-6 and Men"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Bump"—From a Certain Point of View (Appears as a corpse)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Mentioned only)