The TT-8L/Y7 was an alternate model of the standard TT-8L gatekeeper droid designed for installation in a door or a door frame.
Captain Neg also had one TT-8L/Y7 droid guarding the door of his residence in Mos Espa in 32 BBY. While he was hunting banthas in the Dune Sea, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn tried to enter the house and rescue a local Ithorian boy named Tomo. The droid didn't let the Jedi enter the house, instead activating the security turrets near the gates, which forced Jinn to enter via a balcony.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 1: In the Hands of Jabba the Hutt
- Zorba the Hutt's Revenge
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- "Best Birthday Ever"—Star Wars Tales 16
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- "Skreej"—Star Wars Tales 10
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game — Ultimate Sith Edition
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 15 (DOO1-2, TT-8L Door Droid)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids